Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Loki and Michizzle meet the Potbelly Sandwich Works

So we just had dinner at Potbelly Sandwich Works (now that it's "finally open"). The verdict is in and it's ... two thumbs down...way down!

First off - let me dash Steve's hopes by saying although it is called Potbelly, I saw no brownies of any kind on the menu.

The food itself is just so-so, yet somewhat expensive. For example, I found myself paying $1.00 for one of those huge deli pickles. Which doesn't really seem excessive - until they cut it in quarters for you. Then you realize that you've just blown a buck on 4 f*cking pickle spears.

Then there's the whole drink thing. Now, don't get me wrong, I know Americans drink way too much soda. In fact, I'm all for downsizing on the usual "Bucket o' Coke", but shouldn't $1.39 buy more than a dixie cup? Sure, it's not quite as bad as the movie theater, but at least there one expects to get reamed and can get their feet properly set in anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home