Thursday, April 07, 2005

Weekend Off

Hail Mighty Warriors (and the clerics and ranger too) (and Malikar) (and Loki),

I have scheduled my camping trip for May 21-23 so I won't be able to play on May 20th. I need to leave home at about 3am on Saturday in order to get to the lovely Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in Kentucky (www.lbl.org) by 9am. Yeah, I know, "You're going to get up at 3 in the morning so you can drive 6 hours, carry 40lbs of camping equipment up and down hills for 25 miles while sleeping on the ground, eating dehydrated food and shitting in a hole in the dirt that you have to dig yourself?" Hell yes. If anyone is interested in our route, you can check out the Park map at the LBL website http://www.lbl.org/LBLGeneralMap.pdf. We'll be leaving from the Golden Pond Trailhead on Saturday (after saying "Hi" to Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn), heading north on the North-South Trail & spending our first night near Rhodes Bay (about 8.5 miles) hopefully with a campsite by the lake. Sunday we'll continue northward and camp somewhere between Sugar Bay and Duncan Lake (another 8-9 miles). On Monday we'll hike the Nature Station Connector Trail to the Nature Station Trailhead where we'll have left the other car (about 6 miles or so). That's the plan at least. I'm pretty excited.

D.L.

9 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Wow! That looks so incredibly awsome. You don't need a rogue in your party do you?

10:11 AM

 
Blogger lkmanitou said...

The views and wilderness are just breathtaking in that area! Enjoy your trip!!

11:04 AM

 
Blogger JskaH said...

It looks beautiful! But the hiking looks like it will be hard work.

As for Loki - nice, real nice...didn't you say you would spend that weekend with me since I will be ALONE? All I have to say is Malikar and I will be fine.

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Phollower said...

I don't think we need a rogue in the... what?... a lesbian rogue?... well why didn't you say so? The only thing better than a lesbian rogue in the party is TWO lesbian rogues. Two exhibitionist lesbian rogues. In leather. Can hiking boots have high heels?

3:36 PM

 
Blogger lkmanitou said...

DL..I think your last post made the internet filter at work spit coffee on its monitor :)

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

Would you like those high heeled hiking boots to be thigh highs with a short leather hiking kilt? Or maybe more like biker boots with break away leather chaps hiking pant with zip off legs. I could go either way, depending on my mood. Oh, wait, who's fantasy is this anyway?

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Phollower said...

I'm not sure whose fantasy it started out as but it's rapidly making our blog very popular. Tell me more about the thigh highs and the leather kilt... And Allessia, I'd back up because the next thing the internet filter spits on its monitor ain't gonna be coffee.

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Michizzle said...

Hmmm...the only lesbians that I've heard of in the back woods of Kentucky are of the male, inbred, banjo playing variety. In fact, they can't even be classified as lesbians on account of all the sleeping-with-unsuspecting-young-men-on-the-trails that they do.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Frank said...

I was going to make a snide comment about only covering 8-10 miles per day (geez, that's, what, a 45-minute mile?) but the subsequent posts made it clear that this isn't really about making... time.

Do they let you fish so you don't have to eat so much dehydrated food, or is a National Recreation Area as restricted as a National Park in that regard ("Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." And some secluded little dirt holes filled with...)

11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home