Friday, May 26, 2006

Explain to me how this is logical

I just got an automated call from Insight - our internet cable provider. They are upgrading or something. The purpose of the call was to tell me that if my service was interrupted, I would need to restart things in a certain order - something like:
turn all off
wait 2 min
turn on modem
wait 2 min
turn on router
wait 2 min
turn on computer
(though I am not sure about the modem/router order)

Anyway - all off topic since it was the last statement which got me. The instructions are available at their website if I need them. However, if my service is interrupted, how the hell will I get to their website??? Would it kill them to mail the instructions? They could put them in with one of the bills we receive from them.

2 Comments:

Blogger lkmanitou said...

The automated call walked you through a process called "power cycling" - something which we have had to do a lot in the past at our home after network fixes with our DSL provider. The modem before router order you listed is correct. If your service is interrupted, just jump on your neighbors' wireless dsl network to look up Insight's website for the instructions - hehe :)

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

It's funny you wrote about this because we got the same call at lunch and I was chuckling about the go to the web site for service thing too.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home