Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm Thinking About Doing Something Crazy

Okay, you guys me need to talk me down. I'm thinking about having Scout multi-class as a fighter. If I do, she can get point blank shot and precise shot at this level. No more shooting into melee penalties. Since rogue is not my favored class I can not level up in rogue as quickly. I will have the potential for higher hit points but less skill points. I wouldn't be able to gain my sneak attack bonuses as quickly, and I wouldn't always be able to put skill points in listen, spot, search, disable device, and open lock. But when I do go up in rogue levels I get 10 skill points. So I could put 2 points in each of the 5 skills, but nothing in hide and move silent. I gain more feats by being a fighter, which could make me a better archer. Would you guys prefer me to stay on the rogue path, or should I go for becoming a better archer?

5 Comments:

Blogger lkmanitou said...

Just IMO..

We currently have plenty of fighter types with (in most cases I believe) with Seth, Anath, and the Baffling Halfling. Must of those (not sure about Caprico) have more hit points to burn through than Scout.

I can see why you want to do it with getting the extra feats early on, but personally, I don't think that will amount to too much in later levels.

Also consider, most of the rogue skills were on the "Highly Recommended" skill list to get us through this campaign.

Just my $.02, don't think I'll have much of a say though due to my pitiful 8 INT score >.<

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

True enough. But I must say, all the skill points in the world do nothing against a natural roll of 1. How many 1's can one person roll in an evening? Six, by last weeks events.

2:34 PM

 
Blogger lkmanitou said...

That just means its time to buy more dice.

Mmmmmmmm....dice.

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Phollower said...

The Dwarf and I were talking and we're in agreement that Fighter is probably not the way to go. I didn't realize that Rogue isn't your favored class. Your favored class is Soul Knife and it's actually fairly similar to fighter. It doesn't give the extra fighter feat but gives you the Psionic Power of Mind Blade and you automatically gain Weapon Focus (+1 to attacks) in it. If you get a 2nd level in it you can use the Mind Blade as a missile weapon too. The Mind Blade is also considered a magic weapon.
Also, the Soul Knife has Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot and Tumble (among others) as Class skills and you get 4 + INT Modifier skill points (2 more than fighter). Something to think about, which is appearantly the last thing you needed.

10:40 PM

 
Blogger lkmanitou said...

Just an FYI on what I did with Saphira for this level. I took a nifty level 1 cleric spell called Nimbus of Light. For my whopping 1 skill point (damn you low INT!), I bought Knowledge(Dungeoneering) to be able to roll dungeoneering checks to find more out about the dungeon itself (ie backstory/purpose of things/xp nugget identification). I thought that would lend more storyline fluff for the BoS blog. I like story fluff!

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home