Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Need Input on Rogue/Fighter

I have to make a choice. I will either have a +2 CON and +0 STR or I can have a +1 CON and +1 STR. As a halfiling I have a -2 to my STR. Maybe the latter of the 2 is better. Since I have to use small weapons as a halfling, they do less damage. My thought is, it would be better to have at least a small damage bonus, it's better than nothing. But I would really like to have as many hit point as possible since I am going to be a melee character. What do you guys think I should do?

4 Comments:

Blogger lkmanitou said...

Hit points can go up with every level; stats won't. My thoughts are to try the +1 Con +1 Str so you can carry stuff and not have a negative modifier to str. I tried having a negative str on Saphira with pitiful results and reworked her stats afterwards. Strength also determines how much loot we can haul around :) Given a relatively short amount of playing time, we'll be leveling up at a decent clip as there's only four of us, so you'll quickly compensate for a few hit points that weren't there at lvl 1.

12:49 PM

 
Blogger JskaH said...

I agree about having a plus in STR. The BOD II agrees. Also if that means your CON is only 1 away from the extra plus, you'll get the benefit of the extra + to HP for all the previous levels if you make your CON go up at level 4.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Fellhammer said...

I see the good and bad things about both.

Your high dex is going to keep you from getting hit normally so the +con will only help you once and a while when low on hitpoints and when making fort saves.

The strength however will help you carry things all the time, hit, and do more damage every round.

Besides if you kill things before they get a chance to hit you (dex = bonus init) then there is nothing to worry about.

I also agree with the idea that hits go up every level, stats do not.

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

It's settled then. I'll swap my CON and STR so I'll be at +1 on each. Thanks guys.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home