Thursday, March 09, 2006

from dooce's blog...kind of

I am spending time procrastinating and reading Dooce's blog. I read an entry from earlier this week which had a link to this blog:
http://queserasera.org/archives/000962.html

Dooce was quoting the bit about being a "Mac user."

What struck me is that this person is like me: "Yesterday I ordered a Mac. My current computer was my college graduation gift, and uses both AOL and dial-up, so not only am I a dinosaur, I’m an Amish dinosaur. I typically upgrade my electronics about once a decade. I think this is sort of a Brown thing—we clung to our Betamax until I was a freshman in high school, and my first car had an 8-track player. It was landmark that 2005 saw me upgrade my cell phone AND purchase a DVD player, because I still own and operate a walkman on a daily basis. But now that I’ve officially ushered in the dawn of superior computer technology, it’s going to be like freaking 1997 up in here."

Granted my walkman broke about a year and a half ago - but I considered replacing it with another walkman when Phollower asked me if I was nuts.

4 Comments:

Blogger lkmanitou said...

They still manufacture Walkmans (Walkmen???) and cassette tapes? o.O

5:13 PM

 
Blogger JskaH said...

Yes they do!

1:41 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

You might have come out kicking and screaming, but at least you came out with and iPod.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger JskaH said...

Is that "gay-speak" for something? Does "coming out with an iPod" make me a platinum star or something?

4:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home